Updated September 13, 2021
It’s an exciting time in the studio as we move carefully forward and away from the pandemic restrictions. The Step 3 health order has been extended and it allows the high intensity group classes with regular capacity – so no need to pre-book attendance for the group classes!
As of September 13, by BC Provincial Health Authority mandate, we are required to scan QR codes for your vaccination status card before entry into the studio, so be prepared to show that and your current government issued ID. The vaccination card QR code can be on your phone or the paper copy you received from the health department. Everyone with at least a single dose vaccination showing can be admitted into the studio until October 24, after that the full vaccination will be required.
The practice “Scrambles” and individual practice times still do need to be registered ahead for organizing purposes. Personal training sessions continue to be approved, so we are happy to continue in the studio with private, in-person lessons – by appointment. As of September 18 we will be starting the Friday Night Practices in-person, with restrictions (replacing the Friday Night Zoom Parties). The private lessons and advanced group classes still have a Zoom option for participation at home, if preferred.
We are also continuing to ask everyone to wear a mask when in the studio, as part of the provincial mandate for indoor public spaces.
Details of procedures in the studio are constantly changing. Contact us for the most current details.
We look forward to the possibilities as we progress through the future steps of reopening with guidance of BC Health.
For more detail on the specific guidelines visit the Government of BC Public Health Officer’s covid page.
Our Specific Covid Plan
Step 1. We have identified:
- Areas where people may congregate.
- Job tasks where workers are close together
- Surface and equipment that people may touch.
Step 2. Levels of protocols to minimize transmission risk:
Level 1: Elimination:
- Occupancy limits have been established and posted for our facility.
- Virtual lessons are offered online.
- Physical distancing has been implemented.
- Staff shifts have been changed to minimize numbers in the facility.
- Our former in-studio social gatherings are now hosted virtually.
- Seating/lounge area has been removed to discourage congregating.
- Shared amenities such as coffee and treats have been removed – students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles to classes, if necessary.
Level 2: Barriers and Partitions:
- The dance floor is divided into proper physical distancing spaces.
- Private lesson/scheduled practice squares, marked on the floor, each have a 44.38 square metres of space.
- The group class squares, marked on the floor, maintain 2.5 metres distance at all times during the class.
Level 3: Rules and guidelines:
- Rules and guidelines have been identified regarding how staff should conduct themselves.
- Guidelines have been clearly explained to all staff.
- Everything is scheduled by appointment, only, so it is able to monitor exactly who is coming and going, who is interacting with whom and specific numbers of people in attendance at any given time.
Level 4: Using masks
- Everyone is required to wear a mask.
- We understand the limitations of cloth masks.
- Staff have all trained in the proper use of masks.
Step 3: Other measures to reduce the risk of transmission:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented (particularly high traffic areas).
- Students have a station when they arrive to keep their belongings separated.
- Cleaning of these stations is done between each appointment.
- Sanitizing station has been set up in the ballroom: sink with soap and single-use hand towels, hand sanitizer and tissues.
- Hand sanitizer is also on each student station.
- High touch surfaces are cleaned during the day.
- We wash hands thoroughly between appointments.
- Temperatures are taken with an infared thermometre for everyone entering the studio front door.
- Anyone showing symptoms should not enter the workspace (this is also posted clearly at our front door).
- Anyone starting to feel ill must inform us so proper action can be taken.
Our studio procedures have been updated to the higher standards in response to the current outbreak situation. Being part of the global network of Arthur Murray Studios has given us access to cutting-edge ideas and procedures to keep the studio operational in a safe manner for everyone concerned, staff and students alike. We have been observing and learning since the Arthur Murray studios re-opened in Italy, the first of the Arthur Murray studios to experience the pandemic wave move through their country. We’re moving forward positively, in the safest manner possible!
The safety and wellness of our students, studio staff and their friends and families is our first priority. Of course, we will be assessing procedures ongoing as new recommendations become available and implementing necessary measures on a timely basis.
Know that our studio procedures have all been designed in accordance with the Worksafe BC checklist for Covid-19 and the recommendations of the BC Centre of Disease Control. Please be assured that we are taking all the necessary steps to keep the studio environment a safe one for your dancing.
Everyone scheduling any private lessons, practice times and group classes in the studio will be contacted with details. If you have any other questions or concerns make sure you let us know! You can always contact us by phone, text or email, on our Arthur Murray Coquitlam Contact Page. We welcome hearing from you.